Have you ever wanted to be more involved in what goes on behind the scenes in Scottsdale? Are you interested in volunteering your time and ideas to help make our city even better? There are currently positions open for Scottsdale residents on five different volunteer boards and commissions. They are:
- Board of Adjustment – Listens to appeals regarding provisions of Scottsdale zoning requirements and makes decisions to approve or deny the appeal.
- Environmental Quality Advisory Board – Makes recommendations to the City Council in regards to environmental policies and prioritizes future activities regarding the local environment.
- McDowell Sonoran Preserve Commission – Makes recommendations regarding educational programs, promotional programs, funding, preservation strategies, land acquisition and more related to the McDowell Sonoran Preserve.
- Neighborhood Advisory Commission – Makes recommendations on ways to improve, revitalize and preserve Scottsdale neighborhoods and homes.
- Tourism Development Commission – Helps decide how revenues from Scottsdale’s Bed Tax can best be spent to bring more tourism into the city.
Any Scottsdale resident interested in applying for a volunteer position on any of these boards or commissions is welcome to fill out an application. All completed applications must be submitted by the end of business on Friday, March 1, 2013 to be considered. The City Council will review all applications on March 5th to narrow the field down to key possible applicants. Those nominated will then be interviewed in person on March 19th. Once the final decisions are made, the Scottsdale residents will be appointed to a three year term for the board or commission they applied for.
Applications can be downloaded from the City of Scottsdale website here, can be picked up in person at the City Clerk’s office during regular business hours or can be requested to be sent to you via email by calling (480) 312-7977. Make a difference in the lives of all Scottsdale residents. Volunteer for a Scottsdale board or commission today and you can help change and/or improve policies for the future.
FEATURED SCOTTSDALE LISTING
Beautiful Pinnacle Peak Heights single level home: 4 Bed/5 Bath, 5 car garage. CALL ME at (602) 359-5432!